Little background first- I mentioned that I used to ride horses. Well I started riding at a small barn about 10 minutes from my house and fell in love with the horse and the lady who taught me, although at the time I didn't realize how much she meant to me. As I continued riding, I began leasing the lesson horse so I could ride anytime I wanted to. Eventually, I started taking lessons with a trainer, Grady, because Kim couldn't help me out as much any more. Soon after that Kim had a cerebral aneurysm (bleed in the brain). This was tragic to me, my momma told me sitting at Wednesday Night dinner in the fellowship hall at church and I LOST it. My preacher ended up coming over to the table and everything, of course he already knew what had happened because Kim goes to the same church as us. My world stopped where it was. I went to the hospital to see her, after she recovered a little bit, on Mother's Day. I took a video of the horses so she could see them. I remember watching Kim walk down the hall, assisted, and listening to her say she didn't know if she would be able to ride again because she lost feeling on one side of her body, mainly in her leg. This was gut wrenching to me, she seemed to take it in stride because of her faith in the Lord. She put all her worries in the Lord's hands and let him carry her. (Today is she riding like she never skipped a beat!!)
During this time she showed me what is was like to love, trust and put faith in the Lord! She overcame her troubles because God was by her side, I now can see that plain as day. (PS- at this time I was not saved)
Kim was also there before her bleed when my grandmother passed away. She came and picked me up from my grandmother's house when my family was meeting with our preacher and took me to the barn to ride and clear my mind. She was at the funeral and at the visitation afterwards, she came through the line to get me and take me away from the crowd to the fellowship hall, I was very upset and dry heaving. She sat me down and explained to me where my grandma was and that God was going to comfort me in that time of grief and got me some Coke. ha! She knew just what I needed!
These are just two examples of her love for me and how she has encouraged me in my walk with the Lord. Kim is my hero, my role model, and my momma! I love her so very much.
I also love Chuck and Scott. Chuck is like my second daddy, he is always telling me to buckle up before leaving their drive way, watch out for deer, picking on me about boys, and riding me around the farm in the truck with him. I kept Scotty in the afternoons for two years and during the summers. These were some of my best memories with them and I will always cherish them.
I am writing this because today I realized for the millionth time just how important they are to me and how accepting they are. I can go back to the farm/their house for the first time in months and they still love me like they see me every day. I can hug their necks and catch up on life for hours on end, take Scott to a church pool party and call them up like its my job. I am soo very thankful for this family and what they have instilled in me!
Sunday, August 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment