Sunday, August 15

Coming Home



I ADORE this place!!!

And I realized when I haven't been going like I should. Lately I haven't been going very much. Why, I don't know? But that is changing from here forward. Why, because I enjoy it and it gives me the burst of energy I need, every Sunday, to go and be the Christian I have been taught to be!

Today I went and sat down in the sanctuary on my normal pew and scanned over the bulletin. Just like I have since I started going to "big church." You will never guess the title of the sermon... Forgetters become Rememberers! What!!! Yeah, basically the sermon was about us, Christians, forgeting what church and the Lord does for you and then you come back and become a "rememberer." The passage was Deut 8. It is saying do not forget to honor and praise your Lord when you have good things come your way and instead always remember the Lord in everything you do and receive for it is Him who gives it to us.

The hymn of commitment was "Lord, I'm Coming Home" this hymn is one that I don't know well at all. I was singing and it hit me, I came back home today, to my hometown church and to Jesus (not that I was ever gone, I just wasn't living like I should and walking the straight and narrow behind him). It was good! I'm going to put the words below.

I appreciate my pastor and all that he does for our church and the congregating along with the minister of music. They meant the world to me today, it was perfect.


I’ve wandered far away from God,
Now I’m coming home;
The paths of sin too long I’ve trod,
Lord, I’m coming home.

Coming home, coming home,
Nevermore to roam;
Open wide Thine arms of love,
Lord, I’m coming home.

I’ve wasted many precious years,
Now I’m coming home;
I now repent with bitter tears,
Lord, I’m coming home.

I’m tired of sin and straying, Lord,
Now I’m coming home;
I’ll trust Thy love, believe Thy word,
Lord, I’m coming home.

My soul is sick, my heart is sore,
Now I’m coming home;
My strength renew, my home restore,
Lord, I’m coming home.

My only hope, my only plea,
Now I’m coming home;
That Jesus died, and died for me,
Lord, I’m coming home.

I need His cleansing blood I know,
Now I’m coming home;
Oh, wash me whiter than the snow,
Lord, I’m coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment