Wednesday, March 9

My Daddy

I don't think I have ever said that my Daddy is my hero, he is! I love him to the moon and back. He loves me even though I may make him a little mad at times. I love that he gave me so much independence when I was young. I love that he disciplined/spanked me. I love that he has made a home for me to come back too, along with Momma. I love that he checks my oil and all the other stuff in my car. I love that he keeps track of when my oil needs changing. I love that he calls me while I'm at school just to check in and say hey. I love that on Fridays me and him go out to eat for a late lunch together. I love that he protects me and always has my best interest in mind. I love that I'm his "baby girl." I love that he wants to support his family. He gets up every morning at 530 to go to work. I love that he asks me to go with him to Josh's baseball practice to keep him company. I love that he tells me he wants me to stay home until Sunday on Spring Break because he hasn't seen me that much. I love that he is my "protector."

Now let me tell you a little story about him being my "protector."

Last night, I couldn't get to sleep and at about 1:30 I heard a noise outside. It sounded like someone was at our door. If freaked me out a little but I stayed in bed and said one of those quick, I'm scared to death prayers. It went something like, "Jesus, please keep me safe and let there not be someone outside our house!" haha! Then I waited approximately 2 seconds after I said that and my sweet dog, Lady Bug, started barking I was like, "Oh no! She heard it too." Then she walked into my room and started barking at me. At this point I was shaking, I got up, peeked my head out the bedroom door (you know, in case the robber was in the house) and went and got my parents. Lady followed me. Now picture this I go into their room and tap them and whisper " I think someone is at our door trying to get in." Daddy rolled over, gave me those eyes, and said, "You want me to go outside and check don't you?" You know my reply. :) He got some shoes on, meanwhile me and Momma peeked through the blinds to see the garage was left open. Now I'm really thinking someone was out there. Daddy went out shut the garage door and came in a said, "No one out there to get you, we're safe." We all lay back down and I'm a little scared but eventually go to sleep.

This is why I love my Daddy because he protects his family. He will do what he needs to, to make us all feel safe. And I love that about him. I wouldn't trade my Daddy for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment