I wish I knew what I was supposed to do but I don't.
Ever since last year I have known I would go somewhere, sometime to do missions. But when? Where? What? I was really in deep prayer about it last year around Campus Harvest and I feel like at CH I was told "wait, listen, keep praying, I'm preparing you and your heart." Since last year God has done AMAZING work in me. I have come so very far since last year around this time. I can't even describe the feeling I get when I look back at where I was in my walk last year. It is truly amazing, to me. All this to say I still don't know if now is the time or not. I'm praying about it, that's all I know to do.
Baja has been on my mind constantly. I have had dreams about Baja and being there doing mission work. A couple of people from VCM were there with me and then there were so many people I didn't know from Adam. I got a little side tracked there.. sorry.
I have told Momma and Daddy about Baja and Momma was all for it and told me to go ahead a get a passport and Daddy was a little more hesitant. You have to realize Daddy is the more rational, protective, and logical parent. He is worried about me flying for the first time without one of them (I can't say I'm not scared to death to get on a plane for the first time without my family, because I am but at this point that isn't holding me back), he is worried about my safety, apparently an American got killed in Mexico recently and a Texas legislature advised all Americans not to travel to Mexico, he doesn't think I could raised the money, etc. I felt like saying blah, blah, blah but that would be disrespectful to his opinions and I try not to do that. I mean he is my Daddy and always has my best interest in mind and a lot of times he does know best...
All of this to say I really have no clue what to do, I know what I want to do. But sometimes it's hard to separate my thoughts and the Lord's plans for me. :) I would appreciate if y'all would say a little prayer for discernment and confirmation either way, to go or not. I just want a clear answer. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment