I miss my horse! I miss him bad! I think about Buddy a lot, especially the past couple of months. March marks one whole year since Buddy was sold. First let me say, it was my decision to sell him and I don't regret it but I do miss riding so much! I couldn't ride except on the weekends since being in school and the weekends just wasn't cutting it for him. He needed to be worked about 4 days a week and I just couldn't do it and I didn't expect my parents to keeping paying boo-cues of money each month to board him.
It was my life for a good 9 years... half of my life or more was horses. I lived and breathed riding!
Buddy and I were very fortunate and had many trainers help us along the way. The "cowboy" Dave in this picture was the owner of Buddy before me and he helped us the first little bit and then we moved onto Grady, I love this man, he is a good, patient trainer with years of experience. We trained with Grady for years upon years. Grady took me through my ''showing years.'' He kept Buddy half way sane and he kept me half way on Buddy. hah! A little trivia for you, I have come off a horse 13+ times, I quit counting and have gone to the urgent care 2 times after coming off. Its amazing I'm still in one piece today. But to help me out a little, Buddy was a handful and liked to give me the 'ride of my life' at times. Then, we started training with Cassidy. Cassidy, oh, Cass. She worked straight up miracles on Buddy. I have never been more happy with Buddy's performance than when she trained us and rode him. I don't know what she did but she was doing something right for that horse. I think he had a love/hate relationship with her. I love her, she can ride any horse she wants too! Cassidy started working with us about two years before I sold Buddy. We started riding English with her and she took Buddy to his first dressage show and probably his last because the people bought him were very cowboy like and I doubt they knew what dressage was. hah!
Anyway, I hope that Buddy is loving is life on a wide open farm and the man who bought him is loving him and treating him right.
He better be considering when he drove away with Buddy I had tears in my eyes knowing that I just sold my 'best friend.'
I miss this view. I miss Buddy. I miss riding. I miss spending all afternoon/evening at the barn. I miss the barn people. I miss the smell. I miss the hard work. I miss everything. But most of all I miss my horse!
No comments:
Post a Comment