Thursday, December 15

School's Out for the... Winter

I am still alive, believe it or not!

I managed to get through my first semester of nursing school and I survived finals week on top of that. It wasn't too bad, I mean, I didn't have to study all that much because I basically killed myself during the semester. I came out with 4 B's and 1 A. I'll take that all day long! 1 semester down, 3 to go! I'm getting close to graduation and I wish I could slow down time.

I truly did enjoy being in school this semester, looking back. I made so many friends, that I will spend the next two years with. Hopefully they will be life long friends! I enjoyed learning about what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life, I even enjoyed clinicals a little bit. I dreaded going but I enjoyed being there once I was there, most of the time. Next semester is OB and Peds and I surely hope that I just completely fall in love. If not I will be on the hunt for what area of nursing I want to do. Right now, pediatrics and the NICU is what I want to do.

Anyway, onto stuff other than school! I came home yesterday for Christmas Break. It's so nice being at home and just being able to do nothing. I slept in until 930 today! Whoa! haha. I enjoy having someone to cook for me and just being here. I played basketball with my brother yesterday and I beat him in shooting. Just to brag on myself a little bit, I was proud granted I only shot the ball when I was standing still he was moving.

I think I'm going to try and start running or doing the 30 Day Shred, cause these extra pounds have GOT TO GO! We shall see how long it lasts. I follow EatThisNotThat on Twitter and it has got me motivated to jump on the ball and get in shape.

Umm, next! Christmas shopping I have bought for everyone except for my best friend. Hey Lauren! And its tough, she is always my hardest person to buy for but hopefully I will find something great!

I am currently obsessed with Pinterest, I could literally spend hours on there. My house will be decorated before I buy I house, I will have a blueprint before I can even start to think about building a house, I will have my wedding planned before I ever get engaged, I have my closet stocked with no money to buy any clothes, I have the best crafts with no materials/supplies/equipment to be crafty and make them. Basically, I dream on that place. Sometimes its not bad to dream, at least that's what I tell myself.

I read blogs, all types and love each one for so many different reasons, but the blogs that include someone with a medical problem, especially a child, hold a special place in my heart. I just feel so connected to those blogs.

That's all I have for today. It was a completely random blog, but I just jotted things down quickly before I have to go pick my brother up from school...

No comments:

Post a Comment