Tuesday, December 20

Fear

Today I bought What Women Fear by Angie Smith. I opened the front cover of this book at 2 and was finished by 9. And I did stuff in between. That goes to show just how wonderful this book is, because I don't read much less a book in one day. Well that was a lie, I read her other book I Will Carry You in less than 24 hours too. Angie Smith's books speak to me, when I finish reading them I feel like I am her best friend that just sat down for a couple of hours and had a heart-to-heart with her. Except she did all the talking because there is absolutely nothing I could say to compare to her words, they impact you THAT much! The only thing you can do is simply nod your head, soak it all in, and get up off the couch a different person!

This book was captivating to me. I feel like she peeled back layers of "stuff" from my heart and soul. I learned so much about myself that I didn't know or didn't want to come to terms with. Fear, fear, fear. I lived in fear, let me just put it out there. I was bound by fear, big time. Fear of everything. When reading What Women Fear I was constant repeating in my head, "yep! that's me. I fear that."

Now, it wasn't all things that are huge life changers but some were. I have been living in fear. I fear the future, my self worth to others and Jesus, how I look out in public, what are people thinking, how my past affects my life today, how my parents decisions affect me, EVERYTHING!

I loved that she also wrote a chapter on fearing the Lord. She discussed what that means and entails, and that it is a healthy to fear the Lord. Even though you fear the Lord she explains that this type of fear is not and unhealthy fear, but a fear that is needed to have a solid relationship with the Lord.

Fearful living does not do a Christian woman good! We are bound by fear and can't live our Christian life to the fullest and live for Jesus to the best of our abilities when we are living in fear. You know what, I can't even explain what I read and learned about right now, I could try but I need time to chew on this huge chunk of 'spiritual food' that I just bit in to. I will be getting back on here and either making a whole new post or updating this one once I process and pray about what I experienced tonight while reading those 185 pages. It stirred my spirit!

Please go read that book, buy it, it's only $10 at LifeWay. And worth every penny, if you seriously can't buy one, I'll buy one for you! I'm not kidding!

Happy reading and I pray that if you read it, it stirs you like it did me!

No comments:

Post a Comment