Sunday, January 23

Stepping Up

It's time for me to step up in my faith. Tonight Sarah and I had a big heart-to-heart and she helped me realize just how much I am lacking. Some things have "gone down" recently, for lack of better words, and I need to be ME. I need to find my identity in Chirst and be my own person. How hard this is! It's awful. I feel alone. I can only hope this gets better. Tonight Sarah reminded me of things in church today. Oh how I am using them tonight.

1) Don't be a doormat. Stand up for the One who stood up for you. We have to give our lives and our thoughts over to Him to live for Him. We have to do/act like He wants us to. We have to be a "harnessed stallion." With God as our harness guiding us through life. We should be meek individuals. Meek = strength under control. "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." Matthew 5:5

2) The world dethrones Jesus Christ and enthrones self. Meekness dethrones self and enthrones Jesus Christ! - Branson Sheets, Lead Pastor, Covenant Church

3) We closed the service with the song "Though none go with me still I will follow, Though none go with me still I will follow, Though none go with me still I will follow. No turning back, No turning back." Wow, this might get me through the next days. Actually I know it will. I feel so so alone. Don't get me wrong I have some great people to talk to but I still some how feel so alone. Sarah said to me tonight, "This is a place where God wants you, you are in the perfect spot."

This is going to be a big growth spurt for me. I know it, it's extremely hard but will be so worth it in the end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment