Sunday, January 16

I Wanna Be A Nurse When I Grow Up

I want to be a nurse when I 'grow up.' As I sit hear and read blogs about babies fighting for their life or going to the doctor for check up after leaving the NICU or graduating from the NICU to the step down unit I realize each and every time that this is for me. I have no other desire to do anything else but be a NICU nurse. I believe God has specifically placed this want in my heart. I just know that I will be good at caring for babies born prematurely or born with the struggle to breathe. It's me! I can do this, I just know it. I want to be able to look a parent in the eyes and tell them how good there baby is doing and that they will be taking their precious one home in a few days or be able to be honest and hurt with the parent as their child is fighting for their life. I want to be the nurse who the parents trust to leave their child with each and every day. I want to be the nurse that assists in giving sick babies a fighting chance at life. I will be all of this and more one day. It might take long, hard nights on my part to get there, it may take applying to nursing schools other than ECU (lets hope not, but me being me I have to be realistic), it may come down to having to move out of my 'comfort zone' to find a job after school, it may take a few years to be the nurse I have described but one day I will be. I have more fire behind me now than I ever have. And I like this feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment