My Daddy, Josh and I all went to my grandma's place for a night before going to Myrtle Beach for vacation. We got there around 4ish and left the next morning around 12 or so. It was definitely a quick trip but it was nice to be at her house for a night. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if she was there with us! We miss her!!
Josh of course had to shoot guns while there, a tradition at her house. I was sitting in the exact spot she would have been when I took this picture and I liked sitting there remembering her!
The view from her house, just a small portion of the farm.
We all went on a walk around the farm, this pond has been dug out to make it deeper, for irrigation, and the brush has been cleared. It looks so much better! Me and Grandma Boone used to fish at the pond. One time we saw a water moccasin, I freaked and she sat down on her egg crate box thingy like it was nothing. She was a determined woman!
These are bee boxes that are now sitting beside the pond. Guess what these are for?
The bee boxes are needed to grow watermelons, the bees cross pollinate the watermelon plants. The new crop planted in the fields for the first time. They are just baby watermelons right now.
The is just the old country road her house is on. Not much traffic at all.
Her house, she push mowed this whole entire yard by herself. I'm telling you she was STRONG! I can't hardly push mow half of it without dying! She mowed her yard the day before she passed away! Always kept it looking nice!
This is wild turkey tracks. We saw the flock of turkeys while walking, they were pretty big!
These were some pretty big deer tracks
The gorgeous sky. One side was a rainbow and the other side looked like the picture below.
Absolutely gorgeous!
We had a great time spending the night down there, I got a little sad at one point but I cheered up!










No comments:
Post a Comment