Tuesday, August 9

hope

Be strong, and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

There are many times a week when I say "I hope to..." Shoot, I probably say something along those lines twice a day if not more.

When I say "I hope this" or "I hope that" or "hopefully so and so will happen" I've realized that, that hope isn't exactly the hope talked about and described in the Bible. When we say that we have hope in Jesus, that is a completely different word to me. And trust me this lesson has just hit home for me. I don't know why, it should have been a long time ago.

The worldly hope is not certain it's something that we are wishing for and wanting to happen but who knows if it will or not. If it does, a wish and want of ours came through for us. Biblical and Godly hope so very different. There are lots and lots of verses throughout the Bible that speak of hope. I see and understand this hope as not just a worldly want of ours, but, instead something that will for certain happen we just have to trust the Lord and wait until it does! That is comforting to me. Biblical hope is steadfast (I think that's the word I'm looking for).

When we have hope in the Lord that He has something up His sleeve, I interpret that as we are in the waiting and He is teaching us and polishing us up for that something we have hope for. Maybe we have to hope for something to appreciate it. Maybe in the process of having hope He is teaching us a bigger lesson.

I don't know where exactly this has gone but it has been on my mind lately! I think, Jesus has as much hope is me as I have in Him. At least, I'd like to think so. I know that I have a lot of hope, but plenty of work to do, as well.

Hope is a expectation that is certain to happen. If it's biblical! And not the human in us just wanting.

For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one also hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it. Romans 8:24-25

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment