Sunday, April 24

Easter Sunday

It's been a wonderful Sunday. The perfect Sunday. It was just how Easter is supposed to be spent. Well, everyday, but there's something about an Easter Sunday service. It has such a big impact, it's moving, it's a wonderful day, a day when I'm filled with thankfulness and praise. A day when honestly I have no words to describe what I have felt today, except on fire. He is Risen, He beat the grave, He tore the bars away. Amazing!

I thought ZBC was so pretty today!


So this morning started off with the Sunrise Service in the courtyard at 7 and then Big Church at 10:15. And yes, I just called it big church. Did y'all grow up calling it big church? Is it just a baptist thing? Or just something my family does?


Today, Dr. Barrett, my dentist, sang (sung?) a solo called Rise Again. I LOVED it! It's been in my head all day long and it is a beautiful song. And I just love hearing Dr. Barrett sing. So that made it extra good!


After church we cooked and then went over to Uncle Chuck's house and ate lunch with everyone, tradition. I love tradition. It's makes me happy to continue doing things the same way every year. :) I think it's safe to say that we all were stuffed after lunch.

We also celebrated my cousin, Camille's 15th birthday. Happy Birthday Millie!

No comments:

Post a Comment