Last weekend was CH. We left Friday around 1 headed towards Durham. We made a pit stop by Panera first, it's was a good decision made by Christie. It was just what I needed to get the weekend started off right. We got to our hotel in Durham around 3. Relaxed, unpacked, and headed to SouthPoint to do a little shopping. I MUST go back! I didn't have enough time because we wanted to get to the church early to register. After registering, which was really organized, props to them, we went back to the hotel and chilled out for about a hour before heading back to the church for the first night. I'm sure we grabbed dinner somewhere in here but honestly I can't remember.
Friday night there were 2 speakers. Chavonne Taylor, her main point was "Do you avoid the situations that truly expose what is in our hearts?" Basically, do we play it safe to look like the best Christians we can be or are we ourselves and live our lives knowing that we need all the help we can get to be better Christians. Obviously, the best for us is the second option and we need to step out and not be afraid of what is "inside" us because we can only get better. Phil 2:13. After Chavonne Taylor, Charles Kiefer talked to us. He was made some good points too, 1- it takes faith and repentence to believe in God 2- we have to latch onto God's words, not just "believe" 3- praise (= to notice the blessings in the bad) the Lord (Eph 1:3-10) 4- Ephesians 4:17-5:2
Ohhhh, one other thing. Friday night a lot of the college groups formed a dance line. Well, ECU decided to do one and Sarah made me get in it. It took a little convincing but I DID IT! That is so not like me at all. I have to say though it was fun! Even if I don't have a lick of rhythm. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment