Wednesday, October 24

My Sweet Girl

This past Friday my Daddy had to call and tell me something I know he hated to, my sweet, sweet Lady Bug passed away... That phone call was a big mess, I was crying, he was crying and I just had to tell him after a couple of minutes that I would call him back later once I pulled myself together.

You see this was my first dog that I really remember having.

I picked Lady out at the animal shelter in Raleigh and ever since that day she has been my girl.

We have jumped on the trampoline together, played in the snow together, I walked/ran/rode bikes around the neighborhood and she has always been by my side.

She has protected me from other dogs. Seriously, she tore one dog up because that dog snapped at me and my bother when we were riding scooters in the neighborhood.

She was loyal, obedient, loving, affectionate, and sassy.

She always got her way, with anyone. It was always what Lady wanted, Lady got.

Gah lee if she wasn't loved.

It tears me up that when I go home next she won't be at the door greeting me and begging me to just touch her head once. Tears. Me. Up. I know I'll probably lose it all over again. And frankly, I dread going home because of that.

Thankfully, my sweet Lady went quick, she got sick and she passed away within a couple of days. For that, I'm thankful, because I know she didn't suffer.

Mr. Robert let her hang out with him during the day while no one was home, if she got left outside.

Our neighbors mom let her walk around the neighborhood with her every morning.

And Josh made sure she was feed and had plenty of water every night.

Momma and Daddy loved on her at night once I was at school.

Age, our cat, made sure she had plenty of cat food throughout the day and night when Lady was inside. (Seriously, Age would beg for food and then let Lady eat it! It was hilarious and annoying.)

Daddy and Josh made sure she had a nice place to rest over at the farm.

I sure did love that fat black lab. She was my "big girl." No dog will EVER replace her.

My heart has been a little empty this past week..




No comments:

Post a Comment