Sunday, October 7

A Heavy Heart

This past Thursday I got news that a very special lady passed away. Mrs. Dana was a mom to all the kids, she loved the Lord, always smiling, she made a mean batch of rice krispy treats (my favorite, had them twice, and I can't make any that compare!), kind to everyone she saw - I don't think she meet a stranger, loved everyone no matter who you were, type of woman. She is an example of the woman I want to be now and forever. She set an example to live by!

Seriously, my heart breaks for the boys (her husband and two sons). Gahlee did she love her family, and you could tell!!

Something about her was so infectious!

I wish there was something you could do to take the pain away from her family but there isn't. This is something that only the Lord can pull them through! Only He can provide a peace that will soothe them, only He can provide the strength they will need to get through these next days, weeks, and months, only He will be able to fill the hole and emptiness in their hearts and lives they may feel after these past couple of days!

I hope they know just how much she meant to countless numbers of people, ones they wouldn't even think of! She was that type of woman, you see her once and she made you feel like you were important! I know she was always so inviting, into her house, to eat dinner, anything and everything.

She served her purpose on this Earth and Heaven gained an angel! A good one at that! I will miss seeing her driving around town and running into her in random places. I'll miss seeing the many pictures she posted on facebook of her family and others. But most of all I'll miss seeing her smile and her sweet spirit.

Mrs. Dana, you made an impact on my life, especially during my high school years, when I spent so much time at the farm and around your family. I pray that one day I love my family the way you loved yours. I hope I am a fraction on the woman you were at home and in the community. Rest easy, you fought a good fight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment