Monday, October 8

More Than What I Am


The woman I am... The woman I want to be... The woman I am going to become...

You see the steps here. The process. 

Today, tonight, I am a person, I have many characteristics about myself that I like and want to keep, but I have MANY that I don't like and I want to change so desperately! 

I am...

Loving. Caring. Warm. Kind. Giving. Dedicated. Family Oriented. Passionate. Christian. One of Jesus'. Prideful. Not so forgiving. Holder of grudges. Mediocre. Selfish. Bitter. Cold. 

Do you see this. 

I am a a little of everything, it seems. 

I am a Christian and dedicated to the Lord and His will for my life, yet I'm prideful (I do things my way), cold (towards some), I hold grudges, I'm bitter! 

I am all of these in certain situations. To me, this means I don't have self control and I'm not fully focused, eyes dead set of my Faith. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the Lord and I try every day to take time and do a daily devotional and spend time praying. 

But I have become redundant. That is the problem. I have become repetitive in my life. In every aspect. 

I'm not as intentional as I used to be. Red flag. 

I want to be a woman with intention. I want to love with intention. With purpose. I don't want to be mediocre. I don't want to feel guilty because of my thoughts or actions. 

I don't want to walk past my momma, daddy, or brother and them not feel and know just how much I love them. 

I want everyone to feel that way. 

I want to be...

Compassionate. Purposeful. Driven. Loving. Warm. Selfless. Surrendered. Sweet. Infectious. Faithful. Joyful. 

I don't want a year, even a week, from now someone to think of me and think anything less than, she was a woman of  faith and her faith and devotion to the Lord was infectious. 

I want to be more the mediocre. 

"There is power in the name of Jesus, to break every chain!"

No comments:

Post a Comment