Do you ever ask yourself this question?
Like if you really think about it, what is your identity? What makes you, you? Why are you living the life you are, the way you are? What is important to you? Who is important to you? WHO ARE YOU?
I was thinking about who I am today on my way home. (Isn't driving alone the best time to think about things you normally don't slow down enough to think about!) You know what, I had a hard time figuring out what exactly makes me, me. What is my identity? I tend to want a new car, a new computer, a new phone, new clothes. When honestly, I don't need any of that. I need to be thankful for what I have. I'm kinda scared I'm trying to find my identity in materialistic things.
Now, I know "you should find your identity in Christ" but I mean really what does that feel like? I love the Lord, I pray, I try and live for him the best I can, I read my Bible, etc. but I don't know if I truly am understanding this whole find your identity in Him. Yes, I know all the 'cliche' things. But I don't know, I just don't know. I guess maybe I am just in a dry spell spiritually. And maybe in every aspect of life. But I can feel things turning around!
Life is getting better, and I'm praying that on the other side of this season of my life, I come out knowing who I am! I want to truly believe that no matter what I am here on this Earth for a purpose and not here to just roam the place like a wild animal carrying out routines all day long, for forever.
I hope this season teaches me that life isn't always butterflies and dandelions and you still are who you were, just a little better -hopefully- at the end of the day.
"The glow that sun gets right around sunset helps me to realize. This is just a journey. Drop your worries, you are gonna turn out fine. Oh... You'll turn out fine... I know it's hard, know it's hard to remember sometimes,but, you gotta keep your head up... And you can let your hair down.
I start to compromise my life and my purpose. Is it all worth it? Am I gonna turn out fine? Oh oh, you'll turn out fine.Only rainbows after rain,the sun will always come again and it's a circle, circling around again it comes around again..." -Andy Grammer
No comments:
Post a Comment