Thursday, November 24

Thankful

yep, I went along with everyone else...

I have been jotting down what I'm thankful for this November. One thing a day, it has been good for me.

- parents. plan & simple. couldn't have made it where I am today without them.

- a home. at school and back home.

- people who love me.

- my roommates.

- my friends. ones that I see all the time and ones that I see every couple of months.

- animals. my dog. she always wants a head rub when I walk in the door.

- school. as much as I hate to say it. I do enjoy learning sometimes.

- tests, yes - really. they have taught me so much about myself this year.

- doctors. I need a good doctor all the time. because lets face it I tend to get sick at least once a year.

- my health. I see everyday how much I shouldn't take my health for granted.

- my little brother. surprisingly, he is a big encouragement to me.

-technology. where would I be without a phone and computer.

-my 95 toyota camry. I will drive that thing until the wheels fall off.

-weekly meetings with Laura. to discuss what we have read in the Bible the past week.

-Zofran and water. THE two things I would need to survive on an island by myself.

-a safe campus and a town who is concerned with the safety of the students at ECU. Today, there was a scare that a gunman was on campus and someone was held hostage in Rivers. Thankfully, the "gunman" only had an umbrella that was in his book bag. He was just prepared for the rain! I thankful all students were safe and the police were well prepared and executed the "emergency plan in place" nicely.

-lets be real. I'm thankful for good food to eat.

-Pirate football. I always dread going but have so much fun once I'm there.

-church. in Greenville and at home, even in the midst of trying out new churches.

-my Christmas present, that my parents are letting me use early. love love love!

-lazy days around the apartment. Can I just say I love when class is canceled!

-breaks from school. yes, please!

-a job I don't mind. I need to work, so I might as well love doing it. :)

-the small things. A conversation not meant to be meaningful but it turns out to be more meaningful than the other person would ever know. I love when I'm inspired by simple, truthful words.

-the gorgeous fall leaves

"GIVE THANKS WITH A GRATEFUL HEART. GIVE THANKS TO THE HOLY ONE. GIVE THANKS BECAUSE HE'S GIVEN JESUS CHRIST, HIS SON. AND NOW LET THE WEAK SAY I AM STRONG, LET THE POOR SAY I AM RICH, BECAUSE OF WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE FOR US. GIVE THANKS..." -Don Moen

No comments:

Post a Comment