Saturday, February 19

Writer's Block?

Yeah, so I haven't blogged in a long while (over a week) and it's because I just don't have anything to say. I mean I could update you on all the little details of my life but I'm sure you would rather me not do that. ha!

Sarah is sitting beside me "blogging about deep stuff." I guess we will see what see has to say.

I changed my mind, I have decided to write all the little teeny tiny details of my life out right now. Bear with me for a second..

First off, I have been without my devotional book for about 3 weeks now. But I have benefited from it, I have been reading the Word a lot more without my devotional. It's amazing, I have read through Proverbs and am now reading Ephesians, per suggestion of Mrs. Rhonda, my bible study leader. It's good stuff. God is so full of grace and love for us. Last night I read Ephesians 5 and it got me thinking. About marriage, about how I live my life, where I feel God wants to go with my life, etc. It's fun. Then I got to thinking where do I see myself in 5 years? Sarah has talked about this a lot lately. Here's the thing I don't know. I know where I would want to be, but I sometimes don't see it happening. It's out of my hands I guess. Anyway, it's fun to dream and this is my dream. I want to be married right around the time I graduate from ECU, I want to attend a wonderful church with my husband standing beside me, I want to be living in NC, I want to be thinking about starting a family a little after 5 years from now, I want to be a nurse, I want to be in my first year of a nurse practitioner program, I want to be running 5ks, I want to have a warm, inviting home, I want to make dinner and clean up, I want to be able to go to bed happy with the way I'm living. Thats a lot but I think it is all very achievable and realistic. It's going to take some patience but I believe it will happen. With God! "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 This is the verse I'm believing.

Next detail, baseball, mmmmm. Baseball season is officially here and I'm loving every second of it. I think I have done pretty good at teaching Sarah all the basic rules of the game, so now I have a fun baseball buddy to go to the games with. There is nothing like sitting in a baseball stadium, with tons of other people, on a Saturday afternoon, in 70 degree weather in February. Doesn't it sound amazing?

Friday I'm getting my hair cut, I haven't had my hair cut since the beginning of October so it's long overdue. I love my hair stylist too. And I'm going home next weekend for my hair appointment. Double plus.

Now for the not so fun detail. My stomach has been acting up pretty bad lately. I haven't said anything on here about my stomach issues but I have acid reflux and gastroparesis. Basically I have to watch what I eat to prevent bad acid reflux problems and then on top of that I have to eat extremely small meals because of the gastroparesis. Gastroparesis is when my stomach doesn't contract on a regular basis or in a pattern. But when it does contract is doesn't release, so it's like one big cramp. It will make me feel super nauseous. Blah! I think I am going through a "bad spell" right now. I really don't know what I'm eating that doesn't agree with me or if I'm eating anything wrong at all. I never know I just have to fiddle around with my diet until I find something that works for me. It's a pain but I realize that I could have something WAY worse than this so I try to grin and bear it... at home, I refuse to be out in public with an awful stomach ache even though they happen often.

Enough about stomach problems. I get my letter from the nursing school in approximately 26 days. Not like I'm counting or anything.... :) I hope that's what I'm doing when I open that bad boy up. Ekk.. this wait is really testing my patience out.

I'm going to do a post with my favorite verses from Proverbs here soon. Get ready it's a lot!

Okay that's enough rambling for me, so I know it has to be for you. If you made it this far, major brownie points for you!





No comments:

Post a Comment