...all in one post!
To start with exams are over. Praise Jesus from above, literally. I don't know how I made it out alive and thank God for friends. Sarah and Lauren and Casey (the one day she was there) kept me sane and laughing. And thanks to Lauren for listening to me cry over a B and my momma's "kind" words of advice. :) Not really! But I will choose to forget that and move onto bigger and better things. I got 2 B's and 3 A's. woo hoo! I think Sarah's family thought I was crazy when I found out I got an A in Psychology. But it needed a little celebration. Lauren did too! Go us! I also beasted my statistics exam, I got a 93 on it and an A in the class.
All that to say, I get moved up to the next GPA bracket, when applying to nursing school. I did it, something I didn't think was possible. I guess that shows me I need to relax and know everything will work out, but that's kinda hard to do at times. I guess I really need to work on trusting the Lord with every little piece of my life, even grades. Such a simple verse but so so true, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understands, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 Such a simple, well-known, overlooked verse, but so meaningful and straight forward. A lot of times I think we as humans can know a verse word for word and say it over and over again but not truly believe it and live it out. I know I find myself doing this all the time. I can recite many, many verses and know what they mean but not use them to my good. This is a verse that I know and know and know but don't really believe it. I need to slow down a little and just be! In stressful, in the not-so-stressful times. I need to just sit down, breathe, think, read, and soak it up, and then the hardest part trust and believe.
I really don't know if this has made any type of sense at all, but it has to me. Ha! Any way I want to work on not just knowing but living. Sometimes we can learn from the simplest verses, the simplest people, and in the most stressful times.
Okay, next.... after exams, Lauren and I went to Charlotte/Monroe to stay with Sarah and her family for a few nights. It was a blast! We went shopping, eating, sight seeing, pretty-house looking. Oh, I love those two girls. I have so much fun with them whether we are laying around the house or out and about. We went to the fancy schmancy mall in Charlotte, Southpark, oh baby if only I had a little bit of money. I saw and wanted, thank the Lord I ended up leaving my debt card back home, at least I hope, I haven't looked for it yet, but it's not in my wallet. So I hope it's in my car. :) We also went to the Billy Graham Library and spent some time walking through the house he grew up in, it was so pretty inside. And homey! Then they had a live nativity scene, with a real camel and donkeys and sheep. It was beautiful! After that we finally went into the actual "library." We learned about his life, his crusades, his family, etc. I learned so much and I wish everyone could just get up and go. It was fun and free!
I had a blast hanging out with Sarah's family and getting to know Will and Mrs. Pam and Mr. Steve and little better and then meeting Memom and Kate. Kate is a hoot! Oh, let me tell you that child is a perform and kept me entertained the whole weekend. Love her! And the rest of them too of course! Will is a polite, sweet boy and you can really tell he has a heart for God! And I thank Sarah's parents for having me this weekend and letting me stay at there house. It was fun! Now a few pictures that I am definitely stealing off Sarah's facebook cause that's how I roll, considering my camera will not hold a charge for longer than 5 minutes. :)



I'm so glad that you came for a visit! I had a blast with you and Lauren! We will have to do it again soon! I completely agree with what you said about the Bible verses. It's important that we, as believers, truly believe what the Word is saying. I catch myself doing that too. I'll be sitting there ministering to someone and I'll give them a verse, yet I have to sit there and ask myself "do I truly believe that this is true?!" Of course I believe it's true, but do I live by its principles? That's good stuff, Brittany! Thanks for the encouragement today!
ReplyDelete