Saturday, October 9

God's Gentle Reminders

A little background "story" first-For my birthday, my roommate, Sarah, blessed me with a wonderful gift. She gave me a daily devotional book and a journal to write my thoughts, worries, praises, etc. in every night! Very thoughtful and useful and needed. She knows just what I need to do to continue stepping out in my faith and is always encouraging me to do so.

Today I was going to post about my dating history - which is nonexistent, literally - but instead I'm going to post my thoughts on my devotional for today. I believe this may be a turning point in my faith and trust in God and him bringing me my boyfriend that I soo badly long for!

"You have been on a long, uphill journey, and your energy is almost spent. Though you have faltered at times, you have not let go of My hand. I am pleased with your desire to stay close to Me. There is one thing, however, that displeases Me: your tendency to complain. You may talk to Me as much as you like about the difficulty of the path we are following. I understand better than anyone else the stresses and strains that have afflicted you. You can ventilate safely to Me, because talking with Me tempers your thoughts and helps you see things from My perspective.
Complaining to others is another matter altogether. It opens the door to deadly sins such as self pity and rage. Whenever you are tempted to grumble, come to Me and talk it out. As you open up to Me, I will put My thoughts in your mind and My song in your heart."

Related bible verses- Jeremiah 31:25 and Philippians 2:14-15

(Oct. 9th devotion from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young)

All I can say is WOW! if that isn't a 'gentle' reminder that we have it better than we think and God is always always always with us on the path we are traveling, what is. What do we have to complain about when God gave HIS SON for us and watched HIS SON die on the cross for everyone of us who do not deserve it? I mean why should I worry about being single at the ripe old age of 19 when I have a whole life ahead of me with Jesus. I don't have any reason at all, I truly have all I'll ever need. I know that deep down in my heart, now I just need to do better at believing and trusting in that. If I am meant to be married and have a lovely husband I will, God will not leave me hanging. :) I need to rest in that.

This is not to say that I don't desperately long for a boyfriend/husband, because I certainly do, but I need to hold God's hand on my journey to him. I need be better about complaining "I wish I had a boyfriend" "Life must be so much better when you have a boyfriend to hang out with" blah blah but instead need to start praying and thanking God for the wife He is preparing me to be in the process. Please pray for me on the walk! Thanks!

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her." - Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment