Saturday, September 4

Favorite Music Lately

Lately I have been on a music listening kick. Like I'm talking I listen to music ALL the time, I go to bed listening to music and wake up listening to music. Literally! Ask my roommates, they are probably tired of hearing me sing. Cause I sing when I listen to music. Without fail!

I've been listening to mostly country and contemporary christian with a little hip-hop/r&b/whatever you call it thrown into the mix.

Here are some of my favorites and a little blurb as to why..



This is song is one of my favorites because I never knew either of my grandfathers. They both passed away before I was born but I imagine them both to be like the grandpa in this song and love me and "get on me" like Justin Moore's grandfather loved him (FYI- JM said this song is completely true when I heard him in concert). I believe and have been told that they would have had an unconditional love for me.


I LOVE this song because I know one day a man will look at me this way and I can't wait! Although, I know it will be worth the wait! I look forward to being someone's wife that they adore.

(I just spilled a cup of water down the air vent. Whoops!)



We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah


What is better than this chorus? I have really been learning to be real with God, he knows everything so why am I trying to hide from him. I needed to learn that no matter what God loves me! I always knew this but I have really started believing and living this. It is hard to fathom that he loves me even more than my daddy! Whoa!! Because of his love for me he doesn't care if I shout and cry or be quiet because HE KNOWS! He knows my heart and what is in it. This song has made a huge impact on me this summer.


I think the lyrics of this song speak for themselves. If you don't listen to a single song, listen to this one.


I'm not really sure why I like this song. But my favorite line is "If I could I write you a song to make you fall in love I would already have up under my arm." It's pretty thought provoking. Wouldn't it be so easy to just pick your boyfriend/girlfriend if all you had to do was write a song to fall in love? I wonder how many people try that? Haha!

That's a few of the songs I love right now, definitely not all of my favorites. Maybe I'll do another post with some more soon. Who knows? I've been a bad blogger lately and I just started blogging, I know, shame on me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment