We decided to go camping at the beach for Lauren's Bachelorette Weekend/Party.
We left on Friday afternoon to head down to Emerald Isle until Monday. I was the lucky one who got to be the driver and pull the camper down there, thankfully it wasn't all that bad.
The only thing I was worried about was backing it up into the camp site but thankfully they did that with the tractor because of the hill that our camp site was on.
We ended up with a great camp site that proved to be in a great spot, it had some shade on it, it was close to the pool, gas station and most importantly the bathrooms. It was a slight walk to the beach though.
We went out to eat all nights, we went to Beaufort one night. We shopped and walked around on the water front, had ice cream.
We walked on the beach and watched Kris and Coty fish a little bit, but not for long.
I had a great time with the girls.
Just for the records, we only had one little period where we weren't all getting along. I'd say that's pretty good for 5 girls staying in a pop-up camper.
I think it's safe to say we had a good time but we were all glad to be coming back home on Monday.
-------------------------------
Little side story, when we got to the camp ground the workers had me pull over until they got the tractor so they could get our camper up the hill. While we were pulled over, a man came riding by on a golf cart, not unusual, and was casually talking to us. Then, he later came back and was talking to Casey (the MOH). Somehow it got brought up that he had a son that was single and coming down for the weekend, and of course it was mentioned that I was the only single one in the group. So later on I meet the single son, who's name is Chad, when his Momma took the picture above of us five. He is very quiet and shy and didn't talk much but he did get my number, thanks to his Momma and Daddy getting it for him, and has been texting me. More to come....hopefully!


No comments:
Post a Comment