Yesterday was the day that I finished college. I took my very last final exam in the undergrad.
Now don't be thinking that because I said undergrad that means I'm going to graduation school, cause you would be WRONG. I'm done with the whole school thing, you can stick a fork in me!
... maybe in 10 years I'll go back and get my Master's who knows...
It's a really strange feeling to not have anything to study for, at least that needs my immediate attention. I don't have a clinical to go to, a clinical journal to complete. I got nothing.
---------------------------------------------
I have learned so much these past 4 years. I have learned how to live by myself. How to take care of myself when I'm sick. How to take care of others. How to cook. How to keep a dorm room/apartment clean. How to manage my time. How to study. How to cry. How to laugh, sometimes at myself. I learned to cherish my friends, old and new. I have grown a backbone. I learned to have compassion everyone. I have realized just how much I love my home and the people there.
----------------------------------------------
In nursing school I have been taught way more than I could ever write down. Mainly I have learned that I'm going to love what I'm do for the next 30 years. I have learned that we, all my fellow Pirate Nurses, are in this together and will support each other for the rest of our nursing careers.
The faculty at the college of Nursing have been amazing (...for the most part). They have all taught me invaluable lessons in nursing, as well as life.
I can now care for a patient physically, but also support them emotionally.
I have learned to work as a team and on a team. Not just with nurses but MDs, RTs, PTs and everyone else that is part of the health care team.
Gosh, I love that I get to be a nurse, where I get to go to work and care for a patient, but they also give back to me and keep me wanting to coming back. Nursing is such a rewarding profession.
---------------------------------------------
I have meet so many great people while in Greenville, I wish they could all follow me back home and just continue their lives with me in Zebulon. :)
But, I know we all will go our separate ways and some I may never see again.
I've met many great people but I'm especially glad that Sarah and I met our freshman year. We have had many, many great times together and I believe that we have many more in the years to come.
Most of all, I'm thankful that Lauren came to ECU with me 4 years ago. Or I guess I should say, that we went to ECU together. We have stuck by each others sides since 3rd grade (except for the rough time in 6th grade when she didn't say "hey" to me :)) and college was no different. I'm truly thankful for that girl!
---------------------------------------------
Now there are only a few more small steps until I enter the big girl world..
No comments:
Post a Comment