I'm not sure what has gotten into me but I kinda like reading, it's very relaxing and allows my brain to 'wind down' at night before bed.
I have now read a total of three books without being forced to read them and I must say I'm surprised but loving it. Two recently and one really recently.
I read Lynette Lewis' Remember the Roses in about 2 or 3 days. It was so good to me. She wrote about her journey to finding her husband and how to grow yourself in the Lord during that long, hard wait for the man for you. She got married at 42 and her husband is the pastor at KPIC in Durham. Her words were very inspirational and the one thing that really stuck out to me, she said, you need to live out your dreams now because you never may get the chance to once you are married because life gets busy. I guess I make my dreams around my future husband and want to wait to travel with him but why am I waiting? I can do it now and then if time, money, etc. allow.
Never hold back of something that you could do now waiting for the later when so and so happens..
Another thing that caught my attention was be joyful with your friends when they are experiencing joy. Don't let the thoughts fill your mind of well I just want this for myself and I'm not going to be happy until I get to do all this stuff. Help the bride when she is planning, help her pick out flowers if she wants you too, help her pick songs, etc. if anything it will give you a leg up when it's your turn to do all that stuff! Be joyful with others, the Lord will blessing you a thousand times. He will go above and beyond your dreams for yourself, He has every detail worked out for YOUR/MY good!! Amen and amen!!
~~~~~~~~~
Changing gears, I have three books on the way to me..
The King's Cross: The Story of the World in the Life of Jesus by Tim Keller
Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible by Steven Furtick
Empty Promises: The Truth About You, Your Desires, and the Lies Your Believing by Pete Wilson
I'm ready to read these and dig in deep, maybe I'll get one in before the school year ends..
No comments:
Post a Comment