Tuesday, March 6

Day 4 & 5 - Miami

Day 4

One word to describe my day... challenging.

Challenging only because I was challenged and questioned as to why I believe what I believe. I learned, today, that I can talk about my beliefs when I'm not put on the spot but when I have to explain myself in a conversation with a stranger and they are drilling me, it is HARD. I was so choppy and I just wish that I didn't struggle with formulating my thoughts into sentences.

Thankfully, we went out to evangelize on the campus in partners. What a blessing! When one person was struggling the other was able to step in and pick up the slack.

We talked to one girl specifically and she had many scattered and altered thoughts about God. She mainly believed in science and philosophers. This was the hardest conversation of the day because she was getting angry and I didn't know what to say or do to help her understand the truth. Honestly, at the end of the conversation I just prayed that we made her think about why she believes what she believes and that a seed was planted in her. I pray that it grows and sprouts new life for her!!



Day 5

What an encouraging day!! Quaneisha and I worked together again. We meet with many people throughout the day and all were Christian. This lifted my soul, it gave me hope for the campus of FIU. I was reassured that there are Christians there and walking throughout the campus but maybe they just need some encourage, community, and accountability to jump start their walk with God and sharing the Gospel on the campus.

We talked mainly with two girls who just needed a hug and to be encouraged in their faith. Both sere struggling with different things but all the same feelings were felt. They both just felt lonely. Oh how this burdens my heart for them. I guess I have never felt the loneliness that they are feeling because when I walk through those valleys on my walk with the Lord, I have plenty of friends to encourage me and pray with me! I can't imagine not having those friendships and enduring what they are!

We exchanged numbers with one girl because I just couldn't not give her my number. She needs a girl who she can shoot a text to at any time! I hope and pray that she grows strong in the Lord and believes in Him to give her the power to say no to Satan and overcome her temptation!!

Today was our last day our on the campus' of Miami, I'm so thankful for the opportunity to talk to the students that I have. What a blessing it has been to me!!

Today, I just pray that the team has spoken the spirit of the Lord into all the people we have come in contact with this week. I know seeds have been planted and I know seeds have been watered. Now, I pray that these people are obedient to the Lord and run after Him harder and faster than ever before!!









No comments:

Post a Comment