It all started on Monday when Daddy, Josh and I went out to the farm to shoot sporting clays/skeet. I was h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e. at first but once I figured to that my cheek wasn't touching the gun, I was a whole lot better. I shot 9 out of the 10 skeet thrown. That's pretty good for not shooting a gun in about 2 years, I think.
So on Monday night Lauren and Kris came over to my house to watch The Bachelor and i mentioned that to Lauren and she invited me to go duck hunting with them.
I bought a hunting license and such and we had to jump through some hurdles for me to be able to hunt with them but it all worked out.
We woke up at 530 yesterday and Coty meet us at Kris' house (I spent the night at his house with Lauren so we wouldn't have to drive there) and we got out to prepare the pond around 6.
This requires throwing out decoys and finding a place to stand, to blend in so the ducks won't see you when they are flying over. Y'all should have seen me and Lauren, it was hilarious. Thankfully, Lauren had a little bit of "know how" about her but we really were guessing about what to do.. We just made do, basically and tried to "think like a duck."
I was the only one with a gun on tuesday, Lauren didn't because we only had one duck stamp. And guess what ?!?!?
Yes! I killed a duck!! My first time ever hunting and I kill something? I say beginner's luck maybe?
I'm hooked I can't wait to go again! My toes may be frozen at the end but it's completely worth it!!
Oh, and I even tried duck and it's pretty good. I know what to shoot if I ever need to kill for food! haha! Thank the Lord for Kris he did all of the dirty work for me :)
ps- I'm trying to figure out how to get pics off my iPhone and onto this computer
No comments:
Post a Comment