It seems like every time I hear a sermon preached, it's about something or someone controlling your life other than God. Something else is the "master" of you. I've never had to think twice about what my "master" was this semester. It's easy, it WAS school. I lived for school. I never let my hair down and truly spent time out of my day reading my Bible and praying, or doing anything for that matter. I woke up thinking about school and I went to bed thinking about school. Not any more! I can't live like that! I've got to feed myself spiritually.
Now I'm not the one to say, "Eh, I didn't study as much as I should have, but God will pass me." I don't think that's how it works. You have to put your time in, for sure, but you have to take time, when ever it be, to spend time with the Lord. I don't think 30 minutes at night is going to pull you down, it will pull you up. It is our duty as a Christian to set aside time for the Lord and us. We need it, and we shouldn't ignore it.
So... from here on out, I will relax enough to take that 30 minutes a night to read and pray. I will not let school be the "master" of my life. And I will still fall short but that's okay because I will get through!
C's get degrees!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment