Friday, July 15

New Job!

So, the reason I have been absent on here for a good little while is because I did get a job at a different facility. PTL! And I LOVE it! For real, I left the last place thinking the nursing field was not for me but I now know that was just a bad experience and I will love working in nursing. It is so very rewarding and humbling. I think most would agree with me...

You know, there are trying times when I think to myself "these people push there doggone call bells 24/7 and they just want to see me walk through the door and talk about random things" and if I'm honest I want to roll my eyes until that same thought hits me, every time, "I will most likely be where my patients are someday and I will just want my nurses and aides to talk with me for just a minute." and then I answer that call light and talk to them. Even if it's for just a minute, it most likely will make their day 20x better! And that's what I'm there for to give them quality care and keep them comfort and make Autumn Care home to them!

....Now let me tell you a little story that made my day, I think they make my days more times than I could ever dream of making theirs. No lie. It was Sunday, I was working day shift, and happened to be in the feeding room this particular day. We had been feeding lunch and another aide was feeding a older man. She somehow in conversation asked him "What his favorite song was?" and he said it was "Amazing Grace." She then asked him if he could sing it and he sang Amazing Grace sitting right there in the dining room! Let me tell you something. I may not have been in church that morning but I think listening to him sing Amazing Grace did my heart so good. I will never, ever forget that memory for as long as I live. It was amazing as he sang "I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind, but now I see" I had tears in my eyes.

There is one thing for sure. I will always love those folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment