Friday, May 27

2 Blessings

This week has been full of blessings, and worry, I can't lie. If you know me I'm a big worrier.

It's so hard for me to not worry about things going on but in the end everything seems to always turn out to be just fine! I need to learn that worrying doesn't help a thing...

So onto the huge blessings:

1- I got a job. If you didn't see from the previous post. I'm excited but kinda not. haha. I've been twice this week and yesterday was my first day on the floor. I was following around another CNA for the day. It wasn't bad but I got broke right on in, quickly! First patient of the day was the worst. Like had me gagging, it was bad, but thankfully I could cover my disgust up really good. And yall my stomach is pretty strong! I'm sure I'll just get tougher throughout the next weeks. But I enjoyed my first day as a CNA, it was fun and so rewarding to see the patients so happy after you bathe them and change their diapers. So rewarding and humbling!

2- My momma had a heart cath this morning at Duke. Let me back up a little bit... She had been having chest discomfort and shortness of breath so she went to the cardiologist on Monday and he did a stress test and nuclear scan. The scan didn't come back good! It showed that she had a blockage in her coronary artery. If you don't know what that is, it's a pretty major artery, so this was serious. He got her in for a heart cath today and was expecting to have to place a stint and possible have her come back for bypass surgery. Yeah, I was worried sick! So today I was on the way to Durham and Daddy called and when I answered it was Momma. The doctors didn't find anything wrong! Praise the Lord! It's a miracle! Like how do you go from a possible bypass and definitely a stint to having nothing wrong. They can play it up to something medical, I call it a God Thing! So Momma has a healthy heart and all is good. She is coming home today!

That's my update for the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment