Saturday, July 31

You Never Know What Is Coming

Last night my Daddy and I had picked up my brother from a friends house and we headed home. We were sitting at a intersection and were making our turn onto another road. As we turned I looked ahead and saw what looked like a motorcycle followed by a pick up truck IN OUR LANE! They were flying, I would say 55-60 in a 45. My brother was saying "get over Daddy, get over" (mind you there was a ditch to the right) I was saying "Oh my gosh!" and Daddy was just as silent as could be. I didn't know what to do, I knew we were about to crash. At the last second my dad pulled over into the ditch and the truck passed by us. Whew! That was a close call! I started praying thanking the Lord. As the truck passed us though, we noticed the truck had a mo-ped in front of it, not a motorcycle, and we smelt burning rubber. The truck continued on the road we just came off of. Less than 30 seconds after this we saw a police car. Daddy turned around thinking the police car had no clue where the truck went and he was going to make sure he knew. The guy driving the run away truck almost hit us and put Daddy's children in danger. After we turned around we then found out the guy had hit the mo-ped and the driver was lying on the side of the road! No helmet! The mo-ped driver was up and walking around, no broken bones anything! (side note- an ambulance 'just happened' to be driving by right after the accident happened)

All this to say, how can you think there is no God? The driver had nothing but a few cuts on his leg and back, after being hit by a truck moving 45 mph. We somehow missed the truck and didn't get hit. There was an ambulance there to help in under 2 minutes. Wow! That makes you think and pray and love your Lord more than you already did! I'm so very thankful for His undieing love for us even when we don't deserve it! Nothing can match it!

No comments:

Post a Comment