Monday, July 26

Nursing School

As I mentioned I want to be a nurse but first I have to get into nursing school. This is proving to be a challenge for me, considering I haven't even applied yet. When applying to nursing school, you apply with on average 350 other college students, keep in mind only 130 are accepted. Whew, talk about stressful. I have to keep my GPA high, pass a pre-admissions exam and then apply and pray, pray, pray. Good gracious!

I took the pre-admissions exam almost 2 weeks ago, and as expected received my scores through the mail today. You have to pass this exam to be looked at for nursing school and there are 4 numbers they look at- the composite score and the verbal, math and science percentiles. The percentiles have to be over 50%. Guess what I only have 46% on verbal. Lovely. This means I have to take this exam over again in January, just in time to apply for nursing school in February. I'll go ahead and start accepting prayers starting now until January.

I will be a nurse one day! If its the last thing I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment