Wednesday, July 28

Braces

I had my routine orthodontist appointment today, I went in proud of myself for wearing my retainer like I was told to. I knew that my upper right canine tooth had once again rotated to the inside, but only slightly. I didn't think anything of it because a- it was just one tooth and b- surely they could just make an adjustment to my retainer to keep it in place. Little did I know when the man in charge, Dr. Brunk, came in to take a glance at my teeth he would come to the conclusion that I need braces again. For the fifth time! But who is keeping count. Not only am I getting braces again, he is going to re-shape my tooth and the surrounding teeth and I will have a minor surgery called CSF, which will fix the fibers in my gums pulling my tooth into the wrong location. Now I'll admit those first couple of times I didn't wear my retainer every single night, but this time I have. Oh well, I'll have that "perfect smile" when I'm finished with this set. If not, I'm giving up.

I am very thankful that I have such a good, wonderful, caring orthodontist because one day when I get married I won't look at my portraits and think "man, my teeth would look so much better straighter" and for that I am thankful! I would recommend my orthodontist to anyone on the universe, he puts his heart into his patients' "perfect smile" and will do anything he has to to make it perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment