Here goes the only thing I know to write about as of lately. College.
I'm about to start my very last semester.
Where did the time go? I have 119 days. One. Hundred. Nineteen. Days.
Think, freaking out mode on my part.
My college days are gone, what many people say are "the best years of your life." They are gone. Almost.
I sure hope they aren't the best years of your life. I hope the years to come are even better.
Understand me when I say that though because I have loved the last four years I have spent in Greenville. I have loved the people I have met. I have loved the experiences. I love the independence I have gained. I love just how much I have grown as a person, I have gone from a teenage girl to a lady in Greenville. Literally and figuratively.
But there are many things that didn't happen that I thought would...
When you go to college you are suppose to make friends that will be in your bridal party, the only person that will be one of my bridesmaids that I met in Greenville is Sarah. You are suppose to meet your husband while at college, nope, didn't check that off. People think that you are at school partying it up, nope, haven't been downtown once. A scene not for me.
You see where I'm going, I feel like stages in our lives (umm, college!) are "predetermined" as to what is going to happen. I feel like this sets some people up to feel like they failed or missed out.
No regrets or wishes for "do overs" for me. I don't feel like I failed or I missed out but I do wish that people would let go of these ideas that "so and so" happens while you are in college. I'm tired of people asking me if I have a boyfriend and everything else. If I did and I wanted them to know I'd tell them and also not everything happens at the "predetermined" stage in life.
BUT EVERYTHING HAPPENS AT THE RIGHT TIME IN LIFE, DETERMINED BY THE ONE WHO KNOWS BEST!
And today and forever ever that's what I'm going to rest in.
This next semester I'm going to live just like I have for the last 7 semesters I've spent at ECU.
This next semester is going to hold a whole, whole lot of change and I'm going to try my very best to embrace it.
Here's to my final semester!
Wednesday, January 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment